Full-Time Position - Vancouver
Hiring a full-time DevOps Engineer in Vancouver, BC! This role will maintain and improve our client's AWS infrastructure provisioning and automation system. It requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience with Chef or similar infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Puppet etc.
If you're looking to join a welcoming team and enjoy sweet perks like 3-weeks paid vacation, shorter summer hours and free gym memberships, this could be the job for you!
Perks You'll Love
● Flexible hours in a welcoming, collaborative environment
● Three-week paid vacation, plus extra two-week paid leading up to New Year’s
● Shorter summer hours to take advantage of that elusive Vancouver sunshine
● Free gym memberships
● Maintain and improve our client's AWS infrastructure provisioning and automation system
● Create and instrument a monitoring and logging system that reports on the health of our distributed system
● Maintain and enhance an application performance monitoring solution to track response time, errors and other KPIs for the web application
● Design and develop a scalable and resilient solution for our distributed infrastructure using auto scaling, creating redundancies, enabling service discovery, etc
● Improve and maintain the security of our web application and data collection system by updating servers with the latest software, applying security patches etc.
Required Skills & Languages
● Minimum 3 years’ experience with Chef or similar infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Puppet etc
● Bash scripting and Linux server administration experience
● Management of SQL databases like MySQL, MS SQL server, Postgre SQL or Aurora
● AWS like EC2, RDS, S3, DynamoDB or Lambda
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job