Contract Position - Toronto
Our client, a leader in the media and entertainment space, is looking for QA consultants for a 6 month contract engagement here in Toronto.
• Develop the Operational Readiness Framework and Methodologies
• Develop detailed implementation plans for Operational Readiness development, testing and execution
• Develop metrics and measures to feed to overall project go-live readiness decision.
• Ensure that operational readiness scope is in alignment with the strategic directions of Company.
• Maintain and optimize test suites that target integration, security, performance & chaos-monkey for operational readiness requirements.
• Continually research industry / community best practices to keep the integration / release pipeline process up-to-date. Produce training documents / diagrams / sessions to guide corporate best practices for QA and automated integration.
• Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions (Service Reliability Engineering)..
Education: Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required.
Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience with the SDLC and at least 2+ years involved with Quality Assurance and the software release process.
• 2+ years of experience using QA automation tools (SoapUI, JMeter, Selenium, etc)
• 2+ years of Java or Python experience
• 2+ years of experience with Performance testing
• 2+ years of experience using web server technologies (Apache, Weblogic, etc)
• 1+ years using virtual machine infrastructure(Vsphere, AWS, Azure, Rackspace, etc)
• Testing experience in a Linux environment
• Understanding of key architecture considerations/issues associated with distributed multi-tier infrastructure leveraging cloud services
• Test Driven Development, QA and Integration concepts (black box testing techniques, static/dynamic testing, etc)
• Demonstrates an aptitude for leadership and the ability to execute
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A creative thinker and problem solver
Nice to haves:
• Experience using NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra would be a plus
• Experience using the following technologies would be an asset - J2EE (EJB, JMS, JDBC, JSP, JSF, AJAX), XML, WebServices, Oracle (database modeling), Hibernate, HTML5, Ruby
• Knowledge of key security concepts
• Knowledge of OOP concepts
• Knowledge of Build / C.I. / C.D. tools (Jenkins, GoCD)
• Knowledge of SCM tools and best practices would be a plus (GIT, SVN, Maven, etc)
• Knowledge of Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet)
• Knowledge of Distributed Microsystems architectures (Spring Cloud)
• Knowledge of performance software engineering as a discipline
• Knowledge of mobile device technologies (Android, SQLite, iOS, HLS) would be a plus
• Knowledge and experience with modern web UI technologies
Apply for this Job